Pista or pistachios is a dry fruit which is also famous as Pistachio. It is an amazing dry fruit which can add multiple benefits to your health if taken on regular basis in the diet. It originates from the Pistachio trees through the wind-pollination process. One male tree produces pollens for the nuts bearing females. Female Pistachio tree starts producing nuts at five and continue for 200 years.
Benefits of Pista/Pistachios
Pistachios are the wonderful dry fruits loaded with the lots of nutrients required for the healthy growth and development of the body. Adding some pistachios to the daily diet is the symbol of wellness of health. It is very delicious, soft and nutritious fruit can be easily liked by anyone, so do not become late to add it to your diet. I have mentioned below its all the amazing health benefits for which I sure that you quickly add it to your health:
Benefits of Pistachios for Heart
- Eating pistachios regularly in the diet reduces the bad cholesterol level (LDL) and increases the good cholesterol level (HDL) thus prevents from variety of heart diseases.
- It strengthens the nerves of the heart thus makes the heart stronger.
- It is the rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids (oleic acid and), antioxidants which helps in maintaining healthy blood lipid profile and preventing from the coronary artery disease, strokes and other cardio vascular diseases.
- It contains vitamins A and E which helps in fighting inflammation and reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- It contains a compound called l-arginine which strengthens the arteries linings and make it more flexible, reduces the blood clots formation and plaque formation in the arteries thus prevents heart from heart diseases.
- Its low sodium level and high potassium level helps in maintaining the blood pressure under control thus keeps the heart healthy.
- It contains resveratrol which also helps to decrease the risk of heart diseases and cancers.
Benefits of Pistachios or Diabetes
- It is a dry fruit counted as the highest source of phosphorous which helps in preventing from the type-2 diabetes among people.
- It (phosphorous) also involves in breaking down the big protein molecules into smaller amino acids thus prevents from the glucose intolerance or hyperglycemia (high blood glucose level).
Benefits of Pistachios for Anaemia
- It enhances the blood flow through the body by increasing the carrying oxygen capacity of the blood.
- Its high quantity vitamin B6 helps in increasing the oxygen quantity of blood as well as haemoglobin count thus prevents form the anaemia.
Benefits of Pistachios for Nervous System
- High level of the vitamin B6 availability in it makes the nervous system healthy and fit by producing required amino acids and promoting proper nerve impulses transmission.
- Vitamin B6 found in it involves in various other activities like serotonin, epinephrine, melatonin and GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid) synthesis which helps in better nerve impulses transmission all through the nervous system.
Benefits of Pistachios for Eye Health
- It helps in preventing from the age related macular degeneration and maintains the proper eye vision by fighting with the free radicals.
- It has antioxidant property as it contains the lutein and zeaxanthin which plays an important role of fighting with free radicals and prevents the macular cells from getting damaged.
Benefits of Pistachios for Immunity
- It is the highest source of the vitamin B6 which boosts up the immune system health by enhancing the hemoglobin count and oxygen rich blood supply to the body organs.
- It provides nourishment to the lymph nodes and increases the WBC production which defends from various infections.
Benefits of Pistachios for Brain
- It increases the blood count and oxygen supply to the brain which helps brain to grow and develop better.
- It prevents various body organs from infections by enhancing the oxygen and hemoglobin rich blood supply to the organs like spleen, liver, thymus and etc.
Benefits of Pistachios for Skin
- It is the richest source of the vitamin E and antioxidants which are very necessary to maintain the natural health of the skin.
- It provides better nourishment to the cell membranes of the skin and protects from the UV rays thus prevents from various skin diseases like skin cancer and sunburns.
- It nourishes the skin and makes it wrinkles free and look rejuvenates.
- Oil found in it acts as an emollient which naturally moisturizes the skin and prevents from getting dry.
- It helps in hydrating the skin which smoothen the skin and makes it silky and glowing.
- It is packed with B group and other vitamins including folates which are very necessary for healthy skin.
Benefits of Pistachios for Long Life
Its high level of vitamin E and antioxidants availability provides ability to the body to fight with the early ageing processes by neutralizing free radicals.
Benefits of Pistachios for Cancer Prevention
- Its essential fatty acids help in providing the skin glowing complexion and radiant look.
- It is the rich source of phyto-chemicals, carotenes, vitamin E, fatty acids and polyphenolic antioxidants which helps in removing toxic free radicals from the body and prevents from various cancers and infections like prostate cancer, breast cancer and lung cancer.
Benefits of Pistachios for Hair
- It naturally stimulates the hair growth as it contains fatty acids required for hair development.
- It strengthens the hair strands as well as increases the hair flexibility by nourishing and moisturizing hair follicles.
- It is best treatment and used as home remedy for treating the split hair ends.
- Its biotin availability provides help to fight with the hair loss if consumed on regular basis.
Benefits of Pistachios Nut Oil
It is the pleasant and aromatic oil having emollient properties used for beauty purposes (as a traditional medicine) for massage therapy and aromatherapy in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and etc industries.
Benefits of Pistachios for Weight Loss
- It is the rich source of dietary fibers, proteins, calorie and fatty acids which makes the stomach feel fuller for long time thus involves in managing weight.
- It also involves in fighting obesity by burning extra and bad body fats and makes body healthy body through muscle building.
- It is rich source of good fats which are soluble and do not add weight to the body.
Benefits of Pistachios for Digestive System
- Its high level of the dietary fibers takes part in the proper food digestion and strengthens the intestines.
- It also involves in growth of good intestinal bacteria thus improves digestion efficiency.
Benefits of Pistachios for Men
- It has aphrodisiac properties which help in stimulating the sexual desire among men by boosting the erectile functioning and blood flow to the men sex organs.
- It also helps in treating the erectile disfunctioning.
- It has an amino acid, arginine which leads to the production of nitric-oxide which enhances the blood flow to the male sex organ.
Benefits of Pistachios for Women during Pregnancy
- It has iron and vitamin B6 which involves in the maintenance of hemoglobin count and oxygen rich blood supply to the body thus protects pregnant women from early pregnancy problems like nausea, morning sickness and anemia.
- It helps in keeping the blood glucose, blood pressure, weight and hemoglobin under control.
- It is very energetic fruit thus helps pregnant women by providing instant energy and protecting from tiredness and dizziness.
Benefits of Pistachios for Kids
- It is very energetic dry fruit having good fat, high protein level, vitamins, minerals, iron, folates and antioxidants which provides most essential nutrients for the healthy growth and development of the kids.
- It prevents kids from proteins, vitamins, minerals and iron deficiency diseases like marasmus, kwashiorkor, beri-beri, rickets, eye problem, anaemia, bone problems and etc.
- It contains very essential elements which are required for the brain development among children.
Other Health Benefits of Pistachios
- Its anti-inflammatory property and availability of the vitamin A and E help in reducing the whole body inflammation because of any problem.
- It has a vital mineral called copper which plays very essential role in the healthy metabolism, neurotransmission and red blood cell synthesis in the body.
- It is good source of the dietary fibers thus eating pistachios on regular basis regularizes the colon functioning and proper bowel movement.
- It is the iron rich dry fruit which increases the count of both haemoglobin and RBCs in the blood thus helps in fighting with normal health problems like dizziness, insomnia, depression, nausea and etc.